Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Call...

As I was sitting in PWOC this morning and one of the leaders was praying God showed me a new facet of his love and provision. I had never considered being a "soldier's wife" a ministry position. Not that I didn't minister in that position, the concreteness of the position just never hit me like it did this morning. What does it take to be a "soldier's wife"?
I think that marriage is a ministry no matter what your husband or wife's occupation. The call of a "soldier's wife" though adds a few layers that in my opinion others don't deal with. Being Mom and Dad, coordinating births with training schedules and understanding that God's timing is always perfect. So many women share this ministry with me, and somehow we all have to learn to lean on God in the hard times, pre-deployment, during deployment, R&R and even post-deployment. We are all somewhere in the cycle and I find it very comforting that all though I can feel isolated, as I open up to these new people in my life, that I am not alone in this crazy cycle.
So today, as part of my Blessing Byte, I am thankful for God's calling on my life to be a "soldier's wife", among other positions that he has given me. Today I honor the military and the call that it has on my entire family. Yes, the Army frustrates me to no end, but God uses that frustration to teach me more about myself, to strengthen my need on him and to show me that I am more resilient than I give myself credit for.

No comments:

Post a Comment